Monday, January 13, 2014

Town Hall Wheelchair Harmonica



I went past a guitar guy just the other day who had severe, unmissable facial deformities. What song was he singing at that moment? Radiohead's "Creep". ..."I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo..." - all with a huge smile on his harshly malformed and discoloured face. I didn't have time to catch it. I wish I had and I get the feeling he wouldn't have minded at all. He just seemed too full of life to give a stuff. He was also so into the music that the shock of his countenance swiftly faded. But that was that guy.
This is this guy - who obviously has major problems of his own. The thing is, when I first caught the sound of his playing, I THOUGHT the tune was "What a wonderful world". Made me stop and re-evaluate things. It wasn't - but still, you know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment