Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Leichhardt School Fete Harmonica



I do wish I could play harmonica - just without all the effort of that tiresome learning. Actually, I used have a little 4 note Hohner on my keyring (well, 4 blowing & another 4 sucking). It was pretty cool - I could belt out 'Waltzing Matilda' as I strolled across the Domain. And the mouth organ maestro that set up in the Domain carpark tunnel (great acoustics) showed me "You are my sunshine" (wow, he must be 90 at least by now.)
Anyway, this talented fellow - the "Dr" Tony Eyers - was honking up a storm in support of the Leichhardt School Fete. Despite pro level abilities, not much attention was being paid to him - kind of a soundtrack to white elephant browsing. In an unusual plug - he gave me his card - you too can master the blues harp here.
Or watch the Dr's worldwide cafe project.

No comments:

Post a Comment